17 Jun Coaching Mastery Tip 13
If you are ready to move beyond your current comfort zones and reach for a new level of mastery in your coaching, consider these qualitative tips for guidance. This is the 13th and final post in a 13-part mini blog series that shares Thirteen Qualitative Coaching Mastery Tips. I hope you enjoy them! – Fran Fisher MCC
Invite Client to Lead and Offer Choice
- In establishing the Coaching Agreement, invite the client to LEAD. Ask the client what she/he thinks she/he needs to address to get to his/her desired outcome or measure of success. Avoid assuming where to start coaching towards the goal. Examples:
- What issue (s) need to be addressed?
- What aspect of this issue is most important to address?
- What needs to be resolved in order to achieve this outcome?
- Throughout the conversation, invite LEADING and offer CHOICE. Examples:
- “Where do you want to go from here?”
- “Of those ___ you listed, how do you want to start exploring?”
- “What would you like to start with?”
- “Would it be helpful to ___ right now?
Inquiry: W hat is my attachment to leading? What do I need to release?
All of the tips can each be found at these links:
You can contact me here.Contact I look forward to speaking with you.