18 Feb Coaching Mastery Tip 5
If you are ready to move beyond your current comfort zones and reach for a new level of mastery in your coaching, consider these qualitative tips for guidance. This is the 5th in a 13 part mini blog series that will share Thirteen Qualitative Coaching Mastery Tips. I hope you enjoy them! – Fran Fisher MCC
Emphathy and Caring
Being empathetic and caring supports the competencies of Creating Trust and Intimacy (creating a safe space for our clients) and Creating Presence (who we are being that provides an open, flexible, curious, and trustworthy partnership for the client).
- Empathy asks us to withhold judging the behavior of others and instead, do our best to take the empowering, compassionate, or understanding view.
- Caring asks us to connect heart to heart.
Questions You Might Ask Yourself
- How well do I self-manage my judgments, or temptations to offer my advice, opinions, perspectives?
- What daily habits or practices support my physical, emotional, and mental well being?
- How well do I listen to others?
- Who do I choose to be in partnership with my client?
Inquiry: When am I connected heart to heart with my client? When am not connected?
All of the tips can each be found at these links:
You can contact me here. I look forward to speaking with you.